appSetting key="crmServerUrl"

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Hi,

The only button working for me is the create new case button.  I get a 401 error from all other buttons.

I am testing against a multi-tenant installation that has been IFD enabled, although I am testing from a local machine that connects to CRM 'locally'.

I am not sure what installation steps are meant to be completed in regards to your comment:  "Also make sure to update the web.config file appSetting key="crmServerUrl" for your crm server url."

I have placed the icrmGridAction in the ISV folder.  I do not have a web.config there, I have not completed any installation steps in IIS.  

I have added 

<add key="crmServerUrl" value="http://gtapp3" />

inside the 

<appSettings>

node of the main CRM web.config at the location:   C:\inwrpub\wwwroot\

I'm guessing at these steps and have no doubt gotten them wrong.  Can you provide some instructions please, I can't see any that cover this other than that one comment: "Also make sure to update the web.config file appSetting key="crmServerUrl" for your crm server url."

Thanks,

Gareth.

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Looks like you have download the first release still beta of CRM Grid Actions.  I would recommend downloading the latest release.  There is no updating the web.config file.  I have had issues with CRM Grid action for IFD.  I got it to work with our CRM  for both on-premise and IFD.  However we also have an other server that we host CRM on and I never got it to work correctly one that server.

I have a new product call "ICRM One Click Activity" that works with IFD, on-premise and live.  (Also work on and off line). See discussion A simpler faster solution to CRM Grid Actions.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.  That release is what I installed, I guess the web.config was a red herring.  When it wouldn’t work for me I scanned codeplex for hints and found those comments.  I guess I'll flag this for now.

I’m keen to try your new product.  I’m an independent CRM contractor operating our of Auckland, New Zealand, can you provide an evaluation copy, I have several customers who this might appeal to (if it works well).

Thanks,

Gareth.

Gareth Tucker | CRM Architects NZ

M: +64 27 27 00 989

E: gt_nz@hotmail.com

W: www.crmarchitects.co.nz

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/garethtucker

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM

ICRM One Click Activity is officially released.

http://www.icrm.ca/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_8&products_id=26